Friday, July 2, 2010

Common Rant

I figured that I wouldn't subject my poor mother to this again.


Okay, who here has seen all of the commercials for the KidsBop CDs and the like?

I hate those sooooo much. Why? Because of age innapropriateness. Why on earth are people forcing their children to sing unclean songs and dance in moves that are considered risque for people my age?

And there's more! I see commercials for this beauty pageant show that stars TODDLERS. These are little girls wearing frou-frou dresses and again showing off themselves. They are encouraged to act the diva, otherwise known as the *****. Who encourages this type of behavior in a small child? Why their mothers of course! They are so proud when they see their little fillies prancing on a stage like ladies twice their age!

They are being forced to act older, dress older. It's sickening.

There's a new movie coming out about girls who want to join a dance competion in New York. It starts the commercial with them flirting with a boy to get what they want. Seems okay. Common enough plot. Slight problem, though. These girls cannot be any older than 13, and they're acting as bad as Miley Cyrus and her ilk. There was a line from a six yo. She says, in the snottiest voice imaginable, "I'm Alanna Wannabe and I'm gonnabe."

People think that's cute????? What the heck is wrong with society!? Where did our morals go!?


I think I'm gonna cry. Geeze louise. Someone needs to slap all those idiots who think it's fine for little girls to act like sluts.

No comments:

Post a Comment