I have gained weight. I'm not going to flip out or go "Oh no! I've gained 11 pounds! I'm fat!" Mainly because I've been slightly underweight for the past few years.
So, in all, I'm not unduly worried. However, I do have a tummy-pooch that is very irritating. It makes me feel like I'm fat, even though I know I'm not. So, I aim to do something about it.
The main point of this late night post is that I am out of shape. My metabolism has finally slowed down, which means that the zero-exercising I've done in the past year has caught up with me. I have watched many of my friends and family struggle with both ends of the weight spectrum, and I know how hard it is. I don't want to be there. Ever.
I refuse to be obsessed with my weight, but I want to look nice in a swimsuit. So, I'm gonna start running again. Even though it means waking up early. I want to be in shape.
I need everyone who's reading this to keep me accountable. I am a very lazy person, and I know that unless pushed, I'm likely to quit before I even start.
Also, if anyone has any ideas for quick and relatively painless exercises that will flatten my stomache, I'll be forever gratefule if you could tell me.
It's not painless, but holding yourself in a pushup position for minutes at a time helps to work out your core. Also, crunches, obviously.
ReplyDeleteThe best thing to do before you start doing core exercises is to do a cardio exercise for 30 minutes or so to get your blood pumping already. That way the core exercises will work better. ...I should take my own advice lol
Cardio? Like running?
ReplyDelete