Thursday, September 9, 2010

What do you do?

What do you do when someone walks up to you and says that they're an ex-Christian who has decided to "explore"?

A gal I met here asked whether or not I was going to the Gay/Straight Alliance. I told her no, because it was against my religious beliefs. Her response was, "Your religion?" So I told her that I was a Christian, and that I firmly believe that the Bible calls homosexuality a sin.

She said, "That's cool. I come from a Christian family, and I used to be one. I came here and met some new people, so I've decided to keep my beliefs in my heart and look around and see if I find something that fits."

That's just it though, nothing fits with Jesus Christ. He is All there is, and nothin' can ever sit alongside Him.

I just really didn't have anything to say to that, I mean, I've met a Satanist and a couple of psycos before, but that was mainly just show. (On the Satanist's part, I mean. Not so sure on the psycos'.) Plus I had just met this gal.

I tried to remind her that her beliefs included Jesus and that she needed to keep Him in her heart. She said yeah and brushed me off.



I wish someone had told me stuff like this was gonna happen. I might've been prepared for it, then.

1 comment:

  1. And a very good friend of mine thinks I'm racist because I called Islam a false religion. Great.

    ReplyDelete