So, as you have probably guessed from my facebook posts, I'm not doing so well in Algebra.
As a matter of fact, the chance of me failing (which will mean severe loss in scholarship) is very, very high. Why is this? BECAUSE I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS STUFF BEFORE!!!!!
The book, and my teacher, expects everyone to already have learned basic algebra. Well guess what! I haven't! Tada!!!!
So, I can't afford a tutor, and I can't do this on my own because I have no clue what's going on. Even if I pass all of the worksheets (which is becoming harder as we go along), I still don't know HOW to do everything, so I'm going to fail.
I'd drop the class, but even then the result is the same. Just without all of the fuss.
The part that kills me is that my previous advisor didn't even give me a choice. I didn't know that I could take other maths. So, I could be taking statistics or practical math and be passing, but instead I'm trapped in this hell-hole.
And I feel like it's my fault.
This just sucks. It just really, really sucks.
Honey, listen too me. It ain't your fault. It's not your fault that you're failing at a subject that you have never even seen in the first place! And it certainly isn't your fault that you weren't told that you could take other math courses. It is your advisors. In that department, I would consider either 1.) talking too your advisor about this or 2.) finding a new advisor by next semester that will give you the complete picture.
ReplyDeleteAnd by the way, if you need any help whatsoever on algebra, shoot me your phone number/email/whatever that will get us in contact and I'll see what I can do too help out.