Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jewelry

Dang. I suck at blogging. The truth is, I actually forgot I had one.... Hmm...


Anyways, for those of you that know, (and there shouldn't be that many because I don't talk about this much online) I dabble in jewelry making. I don't do it a ton, and I don't make anything to sell. Usually, if I'm not making something as a gift for someone, I'm making something that I need to go with a particular outfit. (Or more than one... My graduation set of clothes was almost color-coordinated.)

So, I finally got a necklace form (thanks, Mom!) and can now display some of what I make. This post is going to have a ton of eye-candy! Yay!

Ordinarily, crafters (scrapbookers, at least) tell the brand of what they're using and such, but I don't actually pay attention that much. And half of the stuff I get is from antique shops or garage sales, so yep... I don't know. My advice is go hunting at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, antique places, flea markets, actual beading and jewelry stores... Whatever floats your boat. (Did I just say that?????)

Now for the real stuff:



This is a multi-chain necklace that hits about mid-chest. Some of the chains are off of old pendants that my great-grandmother had given me, and some of them (the newer ones) are off of a spool of chain that I have.



This is a funky pendant that I made to go with bohemian-type outfit. It hits about stomache level. I think I got everything on this from Friendzies. (sp?)






These necklaces are twins! Yay! I've been wanting a ribbon-cameo necklace for quite some time, and it turns out, Michael's had the ribbon already with fastenings (the clasps and such)! I didn't find a true cameo that seemed to fit, so I chose these two charms. I think they worked out quite well.



This is a choker that is made of toilet chain. I had to use some for a project, and found that I had enough to make a choker. Somehow, I got away with wearing this at school, and I've no idea how that happened.



This is just a simple fairy pendant that I made a few years ago.



Because zippers are awesome. Need I say more?





This one's a twofer. I found the brooch at the Aldersgate Rummage Sale, and thought it looked pretty neat. So, I went and doubled a couple of black-silver chains and clipped the brooch on. However, I realized that it made a neat necklace without the brooch as well. And you can't see it, but on the back of the necklace, I used a different, larger chain.




This is the necklace that I made for graduation. The centerpiece is a costume earring that my grandmother had owned.



Sadly, I did not make this. I really wish I had, but alas! I cannot metalcraft. It is, however, one of my favorite pieces, so I decided to take a picture of it.




This last one is just basically a rock on a cord. That's all there is to it.


And now you've seen all the ones I have up here with me! Yay! See, I can be creative when I want to.

Now... If I could just finish my fanfiction.....

1 comment: