Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Honor and Glory

How come in books and TV shows, there are always brave fighters who fight for honor and glory? And they want nothing more than to die with those two things?

I can think of nothing more stupid. I mean really! Fighting for two abstract things that don't even make sense!

What exactly is honor? It's simply being honest and righteous in your actions. So why on earth would you want to fight and die with honor when you can simply live in honor?

And glory? Why should I even start that? Glory is not ours (or imaginary characters) to earn and hold. It's the same thing as fighting for pride. Sheesh.


In case you haven't guessed, I'm in a very weird mood due to the fact that the guy in my book died.

8 comments:

  1. It all boils down to love for me. Love of God, love of friends, love of family, love of country... That's really the only thing worth dying for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno.

    I do know that it's in the Bible, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys only? Hello? Who's Batkat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have studied a few in passing. There were three that my english teacher told me about, but I added a fourth.

    1. The beautiful, gracious lady

    2. The wise mother figure

    3. The ugly old hag

    4. The down-to-earth, street-smart, fighter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why, I'm the last one of course.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not that Honor and Glory are wrongful motivations. The question is WHOSE honor and glory? Self--wrong. National--dubious. God's--yes.

    ReplyDelete