Okay, for those of you who know me, you know I've created a superhero team called the Interlopers. The major character is a teenage winged boy named Windspeed Stormrider. The intent of creating this world was to write about it, but it's so all over the place. It'd make a good television show, but to write about it, I'd have to delete several characters.
However, I had thought of this list of dos and don'ts for heroes, and I thought I'd share it with you. (As Windspeed of course)
Rule 1. Never underestimate your opponent.
Trust me, it only comes back to haunt you. I should know. I've been underestimated enough times.
Rule 2. Don't showboat. Ever.
Showboating can turn a really simple situation into something a bit more serious. Showboating and showing off can give the bg a shot s/he wouldn't ordinarily have.
Rule 4. Never turn your back on an enemy. Even if you think he's down.
I've seen it so many times. The hero turns his back on the bg thinking s/he is unconscious. Then said bg stands up and deals a devestating blow to the back of the hero. Naturally, there are some cases when you are dealing with multiple threats on multiple fronts, so you'll have to take your eyes off of a downed opponent. This leads me to the Rule 5.
Rule 5. Pay ATTENTION!
Situational awarness is a really good thing. It saves your life. Don't let yourself zone out.
Rule 6. There's a difference between mercy and stupidity.
This does not mean be a bully or a killer. If the person is really dangerous, make sure he'll stay down. Shoot him in the leg or something. But if it becomes clear you have to take him out, DO IT.
Rule 7. There's no such thing as a fair fight.
The people you are fighting will kill you. They will not play by the rules and they will not behave honorably. So, unless your in a duel, neither do you. If you see a shot, take it. Don't let anything go to waste, whether it's effort or power. If you can just as easily kick him in the nads and take him down than some complicated dance move thing, just do it. It makes life a whole lot easier.
This is all this cowboy can think of at the moment, but be sure I'll be adding more stuff later on.
Same ole Windy
And now that I've spent all of this time, I'm going to go take my CLEPT test.
you skipped number 3
ReplyDeleteI do love your rules though. They seem like common sense, but super heroes all over seem to ignore them anyways.
Ah. So I did.
ReplyDelete