Sunday, June 20, 2010

Please take Offense

I was watching golf with my dad (he was watching, I was on the computer) and a commercial for Cialis comes on. I will not explain what that is. If you don't know, Google it.

On the commercial, I noticed that the announcer guy said "partner." Not wife, but "partner." It got me thinking. On most commercials and news casts, people are now saying the word "partner" instead of wife or husband.

Since when have those terms become offensive?

And more important, why should we have to hide what is right to make those who are sinning feel better?

I'll not go into a long rant about why homosexuality is sinful, mainly because I don't feel like typing that much. However, I will state that this isn't the only issue where people are covering up the righteous in order to make the wicked feel more secure. This is mainly a Christian thing, but shouldn't Christianity affect the way we see things?

We shouldn't be ashamed to speak the truth because we might offend someone who's not. When we use euphamisms in the place of words that should poke us in the heart, who on earth are we helping? How are we supposed to minister to people if we're too busy worrying about being politically correct? If they're offended by the truth, then they've already made up their minds about being offended. So, there's absolutely no point in being afraid of saying the truth that God wants us to say.



Now, I don't know if this post actually forms a coherent thought, but like I said in the description, my thoughts are jumbled.

2 comments:

  1. For my senior quote to be put under my senior pic in the yearbook, I came up with the phrase "My goal is not to be politically correct, but biblically correct."

    I agree with you that we need to get over trying to sugar-coat things just so we won't offend people who wish to live in sin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a FB update today that said a song by Diamond Rio that's loved by millions, has been banned because it's politically incorrect.
    I was talking with another MP member recently about the National Day of Prayer and what our president has done to it by making it a "religion friendly" day...he said something about equality being important...

    Um...where is the equality in that? Where is the equality in things like this?

    Yeah right...Equality my....hairy toes...

    ReplyDelete