Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'm Home!!!

Finally! We got in a three in the morning Wednesday. Bleah. Well, no sign of the kits, but that doesn't really mean much. Anyways, lemme tell you what the trip was like, as well as show you some of the promised pics.

Paisano is located near Alpine in th Big Bend area, so it's a desert. A desert in the mountains, so it's not all sand and stuff along that line. It's really, really pretty.

Let's see... The sermons at youth and at the Big Church were amazing, but there'll probably be a different post 'bout that... The dike climbing is fantastic, as usual. (Dikes, for those of you that don't know, are igneous intrusion that usually appears like walls of rocks pushed up into other rocks. The ones around Paisano are volcanic dikes that appeared when Paisano Peak erupted back in BC.)

It rained all during the first of the week, so everything was beyond green and blooming. I got some nice plant pictures when we went to the Marfa Lights Look Out. Of course, it wasn't as green there as it was at the camp, but that's because that's in an oak grove.

Now for pictures. Yay!



This is our cabin.


This is the view from our cabin. We're smack in the middle of a strand of oaks and cedars. I love cedars, I just wish I wasn't allergic to them!


This is a close-up of the dead volcano, Paisano Peak, for which the camp was named. Paisano means "my countryman" in Spanish.


Here's a panoramic shot I did up on top of Fatman's (the major rock to climb. Everyone climbs there.) That's the youth building down in the corner.


This is my daddy, who was very happy to find that he is not miserable in "Fatman's Misery"


Me, standing on the highest point of Fatman's.


Again, me, negotiating a rather tricky part of the rocks.


No, Archie is not lying on his back. For some reason, the image with the right orientation did not appear in "My Pictures" and I'm too lazy to figure out why.

Okie. This is a lot of pictures. I've got some more pictures of just desert shots, but I believe that shall wait until another post.

2 comments: