Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reflection of Time

Well, it's currently 2:05 pm, and I have just gotten lunch. Today has been so fast and busy! If the hardest day in Pre-K is the third, then is the hardest day in college the fourth?

Anyway, I'm sitting here in the HLLC (alone for once!), and thinking. Our perceptions of time are so vulnerable to change. When we are little children we never think of the past, of the future. It was always now, now, now. (Are we there yet? Are we there yet?) When we reach out teens in JH and HS, we bear some responsibility. So we manage to wrap our mind around weeks and months, some of us even conceive years. Yet everything seems so far off as time lackadaisically moves foreward. College? Forget about it! I have years to plan ahead!

Then we hit our senior year in high school and all of the sudden, it's there. College, the future that never seemed it would come. Time has suddenly started to roll down hill, gaining more and more speed until we feel we will never catch up. But finally.... we do. We arrive at the dorm, unpack our bags and go to class. Time has slowed down for me. This week feels as though it's been forever. I feel as thought I have been in college my whole life instead of just two weeks.

I don't know. Maybe all of this is just ramblings. All I know for sure is that my burger is geting cold. Fliggage everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment